Does Wheatgrass Stain Your Teeth – Know the Best for Teeth Health
Since childhood, we all are taught to carry out daily chores that help us maintain our oral hygiene. Excellent oral and dental health is considered very important to keep healthy teeth even after aging. We all want our teeth to be sparkling white when we smile or laugh. Apart from brushing twice a day, we also try other things to improve our oral health. While some useful home remedies, clothes prefer ready to use products.
Some healthy oral practices include eating fresh fruits and vegetables and giving up on outside eatables, especially junk food, brushing, flossing, and mouthwash after meals. They are the basics for maintaining good teeth and gums in the long run. Apart from these, people opt for neem, plantain, and other natural ones to improve their dental hygiene. Wheatgrass is one amongst them.
What is Wheatgrass Exactly?
Wheatgrass is young grass made by the plant Triticum Aestivum. It is a shoot that grows from sprouted wheat seed. It is believed to be super potent healthy food with astonishing health benefits. It is even regarded as a secret weapon against periodontal diseases. It’s newly sprouted fresh leaves are rich in nutrients such as chlorophyll, antioxidants, and vitamins. Wheatgrass is also adopted as an everyday health tonic by a good portion of the population.
What are the Health Benefits of Consuming Wheatgrass?
Before going in-depth on how wheatgrass affects our teeth, let us know its common health benefits. They are as follows:
- It acts as an aid for the body and helps in getting rid of the impurities and toxins. The chlorophyll enhances the functioning of the liver. It even boosts energy levels.
- The high level of enzymes improves digestion, which in turn helps you in getting rid of constipation.
- If you keep track of your calories and limit your diet, adding wheatgrass to the diet will help you as it has low calories and no fat. It subsides the cravings and makes the person feel full sooner. It boosts your metabolism.
- It helps you in keeping your cholesterol low.
- It also boosts your immune system, which in turn helps you in fighting with infections and diseases.
- It heightens your energy levels. It gives you a rejuvenating and refreshing feeling.
- It not only improves your blood circulation but also increases the blood cell count. It helps in lowering blood pressure.
- It also helps in improving cognitive functioning such as memory and hand-eye coordination.
- Wheatgrass helps in improving the blood sugar levels of people who have diabetes. It lowers the glycemic index.
- It can help people with arthritis by decreasing pain and stiffness due to its anti-inflammatory properties.
Wheatgrass for Teeth
Now that we are well aware of how beneficial wheatgrass is, let us explore in detail its contribution to improving oral health. They are as follows:
1. It Prevents Dental Cavities
One of the most common issues in oral hygiene is tooth decay. How does it happen? After having meals, there is some portion of the metabolized food stuck in the spaces between our teeth. The bacteria in the mouth metabolize those food particles and form lactic acid, which leads to the decay of the teeth. Consuming wheatgrass regularly can save you from the decay. It contains chlorophyll content. Chlorophyll refrains the bacterias from performing the antibacterial activity as it has antibacterial properties.
2. Reduces Bad Breath
Another common issue is that of holistic, commonly known as bad breath. Bad breath is generally a result of poor oral hygiene. Poor oral hygiene leads to the growth of bacteria. The bacteria culture then produces sulfur, which results in bad breath. With the antibacterial properties, chlorophyll decimates the bacteria culture that produces the sulfur. You can get rid of bad breath by consuming wheatgrass.
3. Treats Receding Gums
Receding gums are caused by periodontal disease. This disease causes the loss of gum tissues, which exposes the gum roots. It leads to sensitivity issues. Wheatgrass is full of vitamins, antioxidants, and chlorophyll. They help in slowing down the periodontal disease. It also consists of sulfur E that works on healing the inflammation.
Does Wheatgrass Stain Your Teeth?
Wheatgrass has numerous health benefits. But it is also believed that wheatgrass does stain your teeth. Does it? The answer to it is yes. Wheatgrass is rich in chlorophyll, and chlorophyll is rich in green color. Be it wheatgrass leaves, wheatgrass juice/shots, or wheatgrass powder for teeth, each form contains the right amount of chlorophyll. It leads to the spread of green color. No matter the wheatgrass is consumed in any way, it does leave stains on the teeth. However, these stains are harmless and temporary and go away by mouth washing or merely brushing.
The Bottom Line
Wheatgrass can be an exceptional choice in enhancing your well being overall. It is suitable for every aspect of your health. However, the quantity of consumption is questionable. Start gradually to be sure of allergic reactions. If not sure, do visit an expert before having it. We hope we have helped you. May your smile brightens the room. Keep smiling!